What is ISO 27001?
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO), is an independent, international organisation that sets the global standards for security and safety. In short, ISO consults experts all over the world to create standards that define what excellence looks like.
ISO 27001 is a part of the ISO 27000 family of standards, which are all related to information security.
ISO 27001 requires a company to have an information security management system, which means having a documented process for managing sensitive company information, HR processes, and IT systems.
What does being ISO 27001 certified mean?
Well, in short, it means Strengthscope has a world-class information security management system in place! We’ve made improvements to our IT structure, office security, training, risk assessment, and much more.
A UKAS-accredited body undertook a rigorous audit and certification process with us, which resulted in us achieving ISO 27001 certification.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 to Strengthscope customers?
Being ISO 27001 certified is a testament to the fact that Strengthscope prioritises data security.
But it also ensures the following:
- Customer data is rigorously protected
- We assess, minimise, and eliminate risks and vulnerabilities
- Strengthscope is compliant with the highest standard for information security, making us compliant with other regulations
- We have an internal culture of security within Strengthscope, so all employees prioritise information security
- Operational excellence when it comes to our IT, HR, and information processes
We understand that Strengthscope holds data on employees, individuals and businesses all over the world, and we take that responsibility very seriously.